This crochet apple can be used as a keychain, necklace, home decor or even a toy. We shared an apple crochet applique in previous post that we’ll be using in this pattern to create a kind of 3D apple. For more smaller and delicate results use a thinner yarn and vice versa. We’ll be needing two colors, one for the apple and the other is for the leave.
Skill level: Easy/Intermediate
Any kind of yarn, use thicker for bigger results and vice versa
Crochet hook with proper size
I used 1 mm thick yarn for the small apple and 3 mm thick yarn for the large one
I used 2 mm hook for the small apple and 5 mm hook for the large one
Keychain or metallic ring (optional)
Small metallic ring (if you’re making a necklace)
MR – magic ring
st – stitch
sl st – slip stitch
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
tr – treble crochet
– Use the apple crochet pattern that we shared in this post to make two apples and one leaf. Do not FO at the end of the second apple.
– Place the two apples wrong side facing each other. Make the second apple the one towards you.
– Ch 1, work with sl st to close the two apple together using the inner loops as shown in the pic. Stuff as you go.
– Use the needle to close the upper part nicely then weave in ends.
– Using a needle attach the leaf to the apple and use the remaining yarn to sew the keychain or a metallic ring. Or you can just make a big yarn loop to use it to hang or attach the apple to anything you want.