In this pattern I’ll be sharing this crochet granny square that is simple and very easy to make, and it has multi uses as you’ll see.
Skill level: Easy
Thin to medium thickness yarn (3 colors)
Crochet hook (see notes for more information about the yarn and hook size)
MR – Magic ring
st – stitch
sl st – slip stitch
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
Invisible slip stitch/Invisible join
• W’ll be using 3 strands as one strand. Choose your hook accordingly.
• To have 3 strands using one skein, see this video.
• The squares will be joined at the corners during the work not at the end.
• We’ll working 2 squares of each color and 3 of the mixed one.
• Use one strand of each color to make the mixed color yarn.
• To arrange the colors of squares, see the pics.
Square one: MR, ch 3 (count as dc), 2 dc, ch 2, *3 dc, ch 2* repeat 3 times. Sl st 3rd ch. FO and weave in ends.
Remaining squares: Repeat same steps as the first one until you reach the joining corner. To join instead of making ch 2, crochet the following.
Joining the corners: Ch 1, sl st through one strand of the other corner ch, ch 1. Complete the rest of the square as usual. FO and weave in ends.
Join the yarn in the st that comes after a corner with sl st, ch 1, sc same st, sc next 2 sts, sc in each of next 2 ch spaces, sc next 3 sts, sc next 2 ch spaces, sc next 3 sts, 3 sc next corner.
Repeat same steps where you work sc in each st, sc in each ch space and 3 sc in each corner.
At the end us the invisible slip stitch or the regular one. FO and weave in ends.