Crochet easy slippers that are fun and can be made really fast. All you need to do is crochet a square or rectangular with your measurements and from there you can make your slippers. In this pattern you’ll learn how to crochet slippers in any size you like from infant to adult. You also can use any kind of yarn you like or have. We’ll be sharing a simple crochet flower and bow to decorate the slippers. Keep reading to find out how to crochet them.
Skill level: Easy
Size: Any size can be made
Any kind of yarn you like or have that is suitable for slippers
It’s better to use thinner yarn for the flowers and bows than what you’re using for the slippers
I used 3 mm thick yarn for the slippers with 5.5 mm crochet hook
I used 2 mm thick yarn for the decorations (flowers and bows) with 3 mm crochet hook
Needle for sewing
MR – Magic ring
st – stitch
sl st – slip stitch
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
tr – treble crochet
FL – front loop only
YO – yarn over
Take you foot measurements. You need to know the length and circumference of your foot or the foot you’re making the slippers for. Make sure to make the slippers a little smaller than the foot because they’re stretchy. The length of the first row is the length of the slipper and the high of the rows is the circumference of the slippers. See pic below.
The slippers crochet pattern:
R 1: The length of this row is the length of the slippers. Adjust to your measurement. Cains (15 for the small slippers, 32 for the large ones that you see in the pics). Hdc in 3rd chain from hook, hdc across. (13 hdc for the small slippers, 30 for the large ones).
R 2: Ch 2 (doesn’t count as hdc), turn, hdc FL next st, hdc FL across. (13 hdc for the small slippers, 30 for the large ones).
Repeat Row 2 (9 rows for the small slippers, 15 for the large ones). The high of the rows is the slippers circumference. Do not FO and do not turn.
Making the slippers out of the square or rectangular:
– We’ll be working in the next side like shown in the pic below.
– Ch 1, insert the hook in the end of the next row, YO then drew a loop, keep the loop on the hook and repeat in next rows until you reach the next corner.
– If you’re making a large slippers, you need to repeat the previous step in every other row (not all of them) because the hook can’t hold that number of loops all at once.
– YO and drew a loop through all the loops on the hook. You’ll end up with one loop on the hook.
– Ch 1, then’ll be closing half the upper side of the slipper.
– Close just half the upper side by slip stitching. (6 sl sts for the small slippers, 16 for the large ones).
– FO leaving long tail for sewing. (8″ for the small slippers, 12″ for the large ones).
– Using a needle, take the tail between the stitchs to one of the rear corners.
– Sew the end of the slippers. Weave in ends.
The slippers is ready.
The simple flower crochet pattern:
MR, *ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, sl st* repeat four times to make four petals. FO leaving enough tail to sew the flowers to the slippers.
The bow crochet pattern:
MR, *ch 3, dc, 3 tr, dc, ch 3, sl st* repeat one more time. Do not FO and do not turn.
*Ch 8, dc 3rd chain from hook, dc, hdc, hdc, sc, sc* repeat one more time. Sl st. FO leaving 6 to 8″ long tail.
Take the tail and wrap it around the middle section of the bow 3 to 4 times then secure it. Do not weave in ends.
Sew the flowers or bows to the slippers for decoration.
Share your final products with us at #raamcrochet on any social media.